Each IRC has an assigned language. In order to register and receive a package in a given language, you must report to the corresponding point:
IRC 1 – Portuguese
IRC 2 – German
IRC 3 – French
IRC 4 – English
IRC 5 – Italian
IRC 7 – Polish, Russian, Ukrainian
IRC 8 – Spanish
INFORMATION-REGISTRATION CENTERS (IRCs)
These are 20 places located on routes arriving to Krakow and its environs.
IRCs are open 24 hours a day (with the exception of CIR 10* open Monday – Saturday 6:00am-9:00pm, Sunday 9:00am-8:00pm) from July 23-31.
They fill the following functions:
- About the way of getting around the city and using means of public transportation,
- About the organization of WYD events,
- About tourist information of the city and environs,
- About the course of the registration, accommodation, and food processes.
- Allocation of parking spots.
- Organized groups of pilgrims,
- Enabling the payment of participation fees and assigning pilgrim kits according to preferences.
Each IRC has an assigned language, to register and receive a pilgrim kit in your chosen language, report to the appropriate center*:
CIR 1 – PORTUGUESE
CIR 2 – GERMAN
CIR 3 – FRENCH
CIR 4 – ENGLISH
CIR 5 – ITALIAN
CIR 7 – POLISH, RUSSIAN, UKRAINIAN
CIR 8 – SPANISH
* while supplies of pilgrim kits in a given language last
In the case of minors coming without legal guardians one needs to bring a parental agreement signed by them and they must be under the care of another adult guardian
The reception of pilgrim kits by pilgrims who have already registered on the website up until July 22 takes place in CIRs 1 – 8 in the area of Krakow (a map is below).
Information for pilgrims who haven’t chosen a place to pick up their pilgrim kits:
- Package C: those who have chosen this package will go to the IRC on the way to Campus Misericordiae, to go there, follow the purple coloured markings and the letter F.
Link to the map:
Information Points are stands scattered across the entire map of the accommodation zone, including at the locations of WYD events and important points in the cities where, thanks to volunteers waiting for you, you will find answers to questions, not only about the organization of World Youth Day in Krakow, but also tourist information related to the monuments of Krakow and surrounding areas, places that are worth seeing, etc.
- Smartphone couldn't hold out any longer? Do not worry that you don't have contact with the rest of the world! At specially designated Information Points, you will have the opportunity to charge your phone's battery.
- If you want to update information related to the program of World Youth Day – simply go to an Information Point and update your app.
- Volunteers working in certain Information Points will answer your questions and, if necessary, will show you the way to your destination.